Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Newest...

...idea
I think I want to start a group like La Leche League only my group is actually going to help women and not scare them away. I realized that I have a fear of breastfeeding women causing me to not reach out for help. I have this fear because I don't want them to tell me all the things I am doing wrong and then offer no real help. If I knew how to do this, I would actually do it. But I don't have any idea how to. So if you could lend me some help in this area, let me know :)
I was thinking about what I expect out of myself to consider myself a good mom. Spending quality time with my children, making sure they get everything they need, and raising them in such a way that they are respectful and respected. There might be more but these are just the ones that came to me quickly earlier when I was thinking about it. Okay, so if we break this down... BFing doesn't allow me quality time with Rae, although I do get some with JD. However, if I have to put too much work into it like I did with Rae then I miss out on the quality time with either one of them and I already missed 2 months of Rae's life doing this. Making sure they get what they need, well JD needs to eat, and apparently I can't supply him with that through BFing but I can give it to him through formula.  Now, I realize that anything I can give him is great, the problem is that putting too much time into making sure he gets at least some goes back to what I said about quality time with my kids. 

We go to the dr tomorrow and I will figure things out from there. But I don't know if I can handle not knowing if JD is getting enough to eat.


On a side note, I am not very happy with our cable. It is always flickering, we pay so much and get CRAP!

GB ~The Woodwards

No comments: