Monday, November 23, 2009

RuthAnne's 2 year Physical

So I think it was last week we got a letter from RuthAnne's pediatrician saying that she was moving to Chicago because her husband got a job out there. VERY sad. We kinda ended up with her because RuthAnne came 3 weeks earlier than we had planned (she wasn't 3 weeks early, just not when we had planned. Figure that one out. lol. They got my dates wrong with her) Anyway... We ended up with this pediatrician and I didn't mind her at first, but there were somethings that we "fought" over and once they were resolved she started to trust me a little better. I know it is hard for them because there are so many people out there that lack common sense, so I am glad I gave her a chance and things worked out great. Anyway, I wanted to make sure I was there for this appointment so I could see her one last time. Partly because I wanted to make sure to tell her that RuthAnne qualified for EI based on her congenitive hypothyroidism so she gets it for a year whether or not she qualifies in 6 months. I also knew that she would agree to retest this next baby, she said that anyone in the practice would too. and I could tell by the look on her face she was thinking the same thing I was; if they don't, switch.

The appointment itself went well. She weighs 30lbs and is 35inches tall. The doctor said that she looks good. She gave us a referral to get her hearing checked, even though the people at EI, us and the doctor are all pretty sure there isn't a problem it doesn't hurt to get it checked anyway. RuthAnne showed off some of her signs and talking and the doctor was impressed with how much of a ham she is. She did really well with her flu shots and a blood test. The nurse was pretty impressed with how well she did. I was because the nurse was older and slow. Not that it is a major problem, but you need to be quick when dealing with little kids and she wasn't. So I am really glad RuthAnne is so good with everything, it would have really stunk if she didn't. I know there was more but for some reason this is all I can think of right now.

I have been resting since we got home. My mom is on her way in soon because Isaac will sleep tomorrow morning and have class in the evening. I am not looking forward to figuring out things once my mom's work schedule doesn't work with Isaac's work and class stuff. Its going to be rough, and Isaac is going to be grumpy :( I think I am starting to not be possitive about this.

No comments: